Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel 2003, problem with UK date format, using OLE

Hi all,

I have a C++ package that sends data to a spreadsheet using OLE. The
package works okay in Excel 97 and Excel 2000 systems, but has a
problem with Excel 2003.
In Excel 2003 the "Date" column is not recognised as a date when the
"Locale" is "UK" (left as "General"), but date is recognised okay when
the "Locale" is "US". If I just manually enter the date in "UK" it is
recognised okay.
I have tried formatting the column according to the "Locale"
("MM/DD/YY" or "DD/MM/YY" or "YY/MM/DD") before sending the data, and
leaving it as "General". Both give the same problem.

Cheers

Bill Dallas