Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Chart question - Walkenbachs book

Hi guys,

I recently bought Walkenbachs book on charting and got
some great tips and hints on how to improve the
presentation of my work.

I have a question though which I couldn't figure out from
the book.

Does somebody have an example of an interactive chart,
whereby you can choose the labels of x-axis of the chart ?
For example, in the same chart, I want to allow the user
to select monthly OR quarterly OR YTD sales information.
The labels of the x-axis will change accordingly (as will
the scale of the y-axis). In other words, the user "just"
has to select the time frame. I see some resemblance with
the chart "select series with checkboxes" of Chapter 7 of
Walkenbachs book, but in my case I want to select the time
frame (month, quarter, YTD) and not the data series as
such.

Lastly, I wasn't able to find an example of the chart
whereby quarterly info is shown vertically and monthly
info is shown horizontally ? (although Walkenbach shows an
example in the chart gallery i.e. chart 077). Where can I
find the workings of this chart in his book ?

Thanks guys

Steve P

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

mmm, haven't thought about that, would that do the trick
in the most efficient manner ? Would this give me the
option to change time frames (month, quarter, YTD)in the
same chart ? I was more thinking of doing something in
VBA...

Thanks for your comment anyway.
Steve P

[...]

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

It depends on the data. As I recall, Walkenbachs book (Excel 2000 power
programming with VBA) has an example that uses uses the calculated item
field to provide the same kind result. I.e., Q1 = JAN + FEB + MAR, etc.
This should work with a pivot chart, also.