Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
jb jb is offline

Default can it be done without using code?

Is there a way to do this without having to get into code?

I know excel but am not a programer.

Subject: Can I attach a toolbar to an add-in?
From: "Tom Ogilvy" Sent: 8/17/2004
8:18:24 AM

instead of attaching your toolbar, create it with code in
your xla. At that
time you can assign your macros and they will point to the
xla.

Here is an article about creating commandbars with code:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/techart/ofcmdbar.htm

I guess as an alternative, you could attach your toolbar
and then have you
code go through and assign the correct macro to the
onaction property of
each control. This would be done in the open event of the
XLA so it occurs
when the XLA is loaded.

Tom Ogilvy

"JB" wrote in message
I need to deploy my .xla file to all in my department.

I have created macros and a toolbar with buttons pointing
to the macros... and saved as "my macros.xls".

When I save the file as "my macros.xla", the toolbar

which
was attached remains attached to the "my macros.xls"...
thus the .xla IS NOT SELF-CONTAINED.

It does not appear that I can open the .xla file in order
to attach the toolbar.

Thoughts?

Thanks for your help!

JB