Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Hiding Excel Menus

I have the following code to hide Toolbars - and have been trying to
develop a parallel to hide menus. This would keep me from having to
idnetify
each one through a line like: CommandBars(1).Controls("xxxx").Visible
= False, but I can't seem to get it to work. In particular, I don't
know what the type is (I can tell its # 10 what ever that is) and I
don't seem to be able to assign the name (e.g. CBSheet.Cells(CBNum,1)
= CB.Name. See below. At the end, I'd probably selectively add back
the File Menu and maybe one or two others.

Any thoughts?

Sub
Dim TB As CommandBar
Dim TBNum As Integer
Dim TBSheet As Worksheet
Set TBSheet = Sheets("TBSheet")
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
TBSheet.Cells.Clear
TBNum = 0
For Each TB in CommandBars
If TB.Type = msoBarTypeNormal Then
If TB.Visibile Then
TBNum = TBNum + 1
TB.Visible = False
TBSheet.Cells(TBNum,1) = TB.Name
Next TB
' Add back items desired
Application.CommandBars("Visual Basic").Visible = True
Application.ScreenUpdating = True