Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Removing Personal Information (Author etc)

I want to create a servey form which will record certain information.
But when i save excel doument it should not save any personal data so that
no one would know who created the document.
Is there a Macro code which will acheive saving the document without any
personal information.

Thanks in advance,

Shashi

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You are looking to remove the meta data and there is lots of different meta
data stored. Exactly what do you want to delete. There is different code for
each peice of data, and some of the data can not be removed via VBA. If you
want to remove all of it there a a bunch of off the shelf programs to do it
for you. Here is a link...
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=223789

"Shashi Bhosale" wrote:

I want to create a servey form which will record certain information.
But when i save excel doument it should not save any personal data so that
no one would know who created the document.
Is there a Macro code which will acheive saving the document without any
personal information.

Thanks in advance,

Shashi

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
don don is offline

Found this article recently. It links to a Microsoft
utility that saves the Excel file without metadata.
However, I believe this would have to be installed on
everyone's machine and used when they save it.

I would like a VB script that does the same thing, so
that it would ride with the spreadsheet, but I haven't
found one yet.

http://blogs.ittoolbox.com/bi/spread...rchives/001195.
asp

Don