Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default using vba to copy from excel to embedded word doc

I am writing a macro which embeds a blank Word document
into an Excel spreadsheet. After embedding the document
(which works), I want to copy information from the Excel
spreadsheet into the embedded Word document. Although I
can manually copy and paste the information, I cannot
figure out how to get the macro to do this. When I use
record macro, it stops recording as soon as I enter the
Word document. When I look directly at the code, I can't
find a command that will do the pasting? Is there a way to
do this? If so, what is the code for it? Thank you.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I have the same problem, I am still using Office 97 and I am trying to sort
out a macro which will allow me to filter an excel document - save the
information in to a new excel document - then mail merge it with a Word
Template.

The macro I created seems to remember everything within Excel, but
completely ignores everything else outside the application. I wasn't sure if
there was a way round this or whether I needed to get a separate macro
creator which doesn't mind what application you are in?

Have you managed to find a way around this yet?

Paul