Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default insert two text values

I have the following code that works well:

If .Cells(x, skilly).Value = "x" And did = False Then
For y = timeStart To timeStart + 7
If .Cells(x, y).Value = "." _
And counter < 6 _
And need 0 Then
.Cells(x, y).Value = "ENG"
counter = counter + 1
need = need - 1
End If
Next y
End If

What I want to is insert a text value "Test" into cells 7 and 8.
You can see the counter stops placing the value after 6 times I want t
fill in the next 2 cells after that with a fixed string value.The resul
would look like:

Eng Eng Eng Eng Eng Eng Test Test

Thank

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Cells(x, y).Resize(1, 6) = "ENG"
Cells(x, y + 6).Resize(1, 2) = "Test"

"hotherps " wrote in message
I have the following code that works well:

If .Cells(x, skilly).Value = "x" And did = False Then
For y = timeStart To timeStart + 7
If .Cells(x, y).Value = "." _
And counter < 6 _
And need 0 Then
Cells(x, y).Value = "ENG"
counter = counter + 1
need = need - 1
End If
Next y
End If

What I want to is insert a text value "Test" into cells 7 and 8.
You can see the counter stops placing the value after 6 times I want to
fill in the next 2 cells after that with a fixed string value.The result
would look like:

Eng Eng Eng Eng Eng Eng Test Test

Thanks

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Possibly

If .Cells(x, skilly).Value = "x" And did = False Then
For y = timeStart To timeStart + 7
If .Cells(x, y).Value = "." _
And counter <= 6 _
And need 0 Then
Cells(x, y).Value = "ENG"
Elseif Counter 6 then
Cells(x,y).Value = "ENG"
End if
counter = counter + 1
need = need - 1
End If
Next y
End If

However, if you will always fill in 8 cells then this might be easier:

If .Cells(x, skilly).Value = "x" And did = False and Need 0 and _
.Cells(x,TimeStart) = "." Then
.Cells(x,TimeStart).Resize(1,8).Value = _
Array("ENG","ENG","ENG","ENG","ENG","ENG","TEST"," TEST")
End if

Tom Ogilvy

"hotherps " wrote in message
I have the following code that works well:

If .Cells(x, skilly).Value = "x" And did = False Then
For y = timeStart To timeStart + 7
If .Cells(x, y).Value = "." _
And counter < 6 _
And need 0 Then
Cells(x, y).Value = "ENG"
counter = counter + 1
need = need - 1
End If
Next y
End If

What I want to is insert a text value "Test" into cells 7 and 8.
You can see the counter stops placing the value after 6 times I want to
fill in the next 2 cells after that with a fixed string value.The result
would look like:

Eng Eng Eng Eng Eng Eng Test Test

Thanks

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Bob I got an unexpected result. Your code worked it dropped in "text" i
the two cells that it should have but after that it stopped followin
it's original criteria.

The part where it states the need 0 , it is ignoring because it keep
assigning Eng even after the need = 0

It's probably because I put it in the wrong place, did I?

With Sheet236
For x = 11 To 298
counter = 0
did = False
For n = 1 To timeStart
If .Cells(x, n).Value = "ENG" Then
did = True
End If
Next n
If .Cells(x, skilly).Value = "x" And did = False Then
For y = timeStart To timeStart + 7
If .Cells(x, y).Value = "." _
And counter < 6 _
And need 0 Then
.Cells(x, y).Value = "ENG"
counter = counter + 1
need = need - 1
Cells(x, y).Resize(1, 6) = "ENG"
Cells(x, y + 6).Resize(1, 2) = "Test"
End If
Next y
End If
Next x
End With

Thank

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

What I tossed out was not a complete solution. I was just suggesting that
you can put values in more than one cell at a time. I didn't really work it
into your code. See Tom's comments.

"hotherps " wrote in message
Bob I got an unexpected result. Your code worked it dropped in "text" in
the two cells that it should have but after that it stopped following
it's original criteria.

The part where it states the need 0 , it is ignoring because it keeps
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Elseif Counter 6 then
Cells(x,y).Value = "ENG"

should have been