Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default combining two cells

Hi Clement.

In (say) cell C1, enter

= A1 & " " & B1

---
Regards,
Norman

"Clement DeCastro" wrote in message
I was wondering if there was a way to combine 2 cells. For example;

cell a1 contains 23 and cell b1 contains Yonge st. I want to combine the
two cells in cell m1 so I have 23 Yonge St.

Is there a way to do this? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

This is called (string) concatenation. In Excel and VB, the ampersand (&) is
the string concatenation operator. Excel also has a concatenation function.

=CONCATENATE(A1,"",B1)

"Clement DeCastro" wrote in message
I was wondering if there was a way to combine 2 cells. For example;

cell a1 contains 23 and cell b1 contains Yonge st. I want to combine the
two cells in cell m1 so I have 23 Yonge St.

Is there a way to do this? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Clement:

If your data in column A is formatted as numbers you may need to do
something like:

Text(A1,"00000") & " " & B1

"Pigs can't be humans, but humans can be Pigs!"

Eating at the trough of life.

Oink!

SowBelly