Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel macro to extract information from MS project files

hi all ,
i need help to create a macro on excel which extract information from
Ms project files , someone can give me some information or code of
macro ....

thanks in advance

zouzou
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi

i don't know specifically of any excel macros that grab info out of project,
but you might like to check out Jack Dalgren's project macro site
http://masamiki.com/project/macros.htm he's got a few that will export
project information to excle

also don't forget the analyse timescaled data in excel toolbar in project,
that's pretty handy for getting project info into excel.

Cheers
JulieD

"zouzou" wrote in message
om...
hi all ,
i need help to create a macro on excel which extract information from
Ms project files , someone can give me some information or code of
macro ....

thanks in advance

zouzou

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I believe there are examples in either of these files. The xl97 version is
in the old windows help file format. The xl2000 one is in the Internet
Explorer based help format used by office 2000 and later:

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=167223
OFF97: Microsoft Office 97 Automation Help File Available (Q167223)

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=260410
OFF2000: Microsoft Office 2000 Automation Help File Available (Q260410)

In any event, they do show you how to use Automation to control another
application (that supports COM), such as MS Project.

Tom Ogilvy