Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Pivot Table

Thank you,

I did finally notice that for some reason there were $$ in front of the data
in that one column therefore assuming it was text it was not adding. I did a
find and replace, removed the $ and set all the data to number.

I did copy and paste but what I can't figure out is where the $ came from.
I have checked the database and all fields are the same datatype (double, not
currency), and I did a copy and paste just values.

Very strange that out of 12 columns of numbers that one column would do this.

Problems solved

Thanks for all your responses. I really appreciate this newsgroup.

"sebastienm" wrote:

it's the fourth column that will not show any values.

What is the data type of that column. Seems to me it is numbers in a text
data type column. Or at least some of the numbers are. Try the following:
-in a new column at the end of your data, enter the formula:
= VALUE( D2 )
-- assuming D is that <weird column and data starts in row 2.
- now include that column in the data source of your pivot
Does both columns (the old one and the new one) show the same sum?

Sébastien
"Lynn Arlington" wrote:

I don't know if this is the right group but I'm hoping with your experience
you can help me.

For a test of a sum query, I have copied data from Access to Excel. I
created a pivot table with the 2500 records and for some reason, one column
does not add up.

Is there a fix or something I'm missing. It happens every single time I
create the pivot table, it's the fourth column that will not show any values.
Even when I put that one column alone it won't add up.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.
--
Lynn Arlington