Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
pam pam is offline

Default Adding a counter to a User Form in Excel

Is there a way to add a counter at the bottom of a user
form created in MS Excel? I have a user form being
utilized as a survey form. The survey is to be taken
by "X" number of people, only one time. I need to
capture the user's input (which I have already done),
however, as a Unique ID Number, I need a counter that
will automatically increase each time the form is
opened. And, once opened then I will write the code to
ensure the same user does not open it multiple times.

I am using Windows XP Professional with FrontPage with a
MS Excel 2002 version. Any ideas? Thanks in advance
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
rog rog is offline

Pam

It is possible to add a counter, but I fail to see how
this will stop someone from running it again. I'd be
tempted to either

a) get their logged on username via an API call, or
b) store something in the registry after the program has
finished, and check for this when the program starts.

Let me know what you think

Is there a way to add a counter at the bottom of a user
form created in MS Excel? I have a user form being
utilized as a survey form. The survey is to be taken
by "X" number of people, only one time. I need to
capture the user's input (which I have already done),
however, as a Unique ID Number, I need a counter that
will automatically increase each time the form is
opened. And, once opened then I will write the code to
ensure the same user does not open it multiple times.

I am using Windows XP Professional with FrontPage with a
MS Excel 2002 version. Any ideas? Thanks in advance
.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
pam pam is offline

Either option, I just have to have a way to track users,
an ensure they only complete form once. I am not
familiar with API calls.