Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Zan Zan is offline

Default E-mail Code

Hi,

I have a button that automatically sends an e-mail to
managers of the current worksheet. I have to make a slight
change to the sheet for each manager before I send it out.

When I click the button I get the message that Excel is
trying to automatically send an E-mail, and it may contain
a virus..do you want to send the mail..a progress bar
completes and a Yes No option appears..I click yes and the
e-mail sends.

I use Office XP, this didn't happen in Excel 97, is there
a way to get rid of that box?

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

This will be due to the security settings of Outlook.

There is a way around this but it involves either reducing the securit
level of Outlook (not recommended) or getting hold of a little bit o
freeware called ClickYes from Express-Soft
(www.express-soft.com/mailmate/clickyes.html)

Geoff (TheDuck

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Pain in the backside isn't it? There are ways around it, some more
complicated than others. The simplest way I've seen is this one:

http://www.rondebruin.nl/cdo.htm

There is also a replacement for the Outlook object model called Redemption.
There are also other ways - Google's the place to look I reckon.

Jeff

"Zan" wrote in message

I have a button that automatically sends an e-mail to
managers of the current worksheet. I have to make a slight
change to the sheet for each manager before I send it out.

When I click the button I get the message that Excel is
trying to automatically send an E-mail, and it may contain
a virus..do you want to send the mail..a progress bar
completes and a Yes No option appears..I click yes and the
e-mail sends.

I use Office XP, this didn't happen in Excel 97, is there
a way to get rid of that box?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Zan

Look here
http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/prevent.htm

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Zan" wrote in message ...
Hi,

I have a button that automatically sends an e-mail to
managers of the current worksheet. I have to make a slight
change to the sheet for each manager before I send it out.

When I click the button I get the message that Excel is
trying to automatically send an E-mail, and it may contain
a virus..do you want to send the mail..a progress bar
completes and a Yes No option appears..I click yes and the
e-mail sends.

I use Office XP, this didn't happen in Excel 97, is there
a way to get rid of that box?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I am an XP user & do a simlar thing in Excel to you.
Line of code I use is: ActiveWorkbook.SendMail Recipients:=
to date, this has thrown up any warning boxes!
If this does not work you can try following:

Sub SendEmail()
Dim olapp As Object
Dim olmail As Object
Set olapp = CreateObject("outlook.application")
Set olmail = olapp.createitem(0)
With olmail
.Subject = "Test" 'enter subject here
.Recipients.Add " 'add email
address here
.body = "This is a Test" 'enter message here
.attachments.Add 'reference any attachement
.send
End With
Set olmail = Nothing
Set olapp = Nothing
End Sub

Hope helpful

I have a button that automatically sends an e-mail to
managers of the current worksheet. I have to make a

slight
change to the sheet for each manager before I send it out.

When I click the button I get the message that Excel is
trying to automatically send an E-mail, and it may

contain
a virus..do you want to send the mail..a progress bar
completes and a Yes No option appears..I click yes and

the
e-mail sends.

I use Office XP, this didn't happen in Excel 97, is there
a way to get rid of that box?

Thanks
.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I had exactly the same problem. It seems to have been introduced by a
MS security update earlier this year when certain viruses were prone
to hoovering up address book names and automatically sending emails.

I eventually found some software called "Click Yes". This is a small
routine which automatically clicks the 'Yes' button for you. It
doesn't get round the problem of the deliberate 5 second delay while
Outlook waits before allowing the yes button to be clicked, but I can
live with that.

Rgds

On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 04:15:18 -0700, "Zan"
wrote:

RBHi,
RB
RBI have a button that automatically sends an e-mail to
RBmanagers of the current worksheet. I have to make a slight
RBchange to the sheet for each manager before I send it out.
RB
RBWhen I click the button I get the message that Excel is
RBtrying to automatically send an E-mail, and it may contain
RBa virus..do you want to send the mail..a progress bar
RBcompletes and a Yes No option appears..I click yes and the
RBe-mail sends.
RB
RBI use Office XP, this didn't happen in Excel 97, is there
RBa way to get rid of that box?
RB
RB
RBThanks