Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default VLOOKUP or...??

Hi
see:
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/vlookup.htm

--
Regards
Frank Kabel
Frankfurt, Germany

Hello all

I know NOTHING about lookup tables and in fact, I get anxiety attacks
and my pores bleed when I see them. VCHINESEMATH

(sigh)

Sheet 4 pulls column data from sheet 1 ("pulls" because of a macro
that runs upon entry). I need it to pull information from COLs A and
C (sheet 1) based on the text name within COL C of sheet 4 (this
"text" is the "description" and the best way to "lookup" the two
columns of data I need).

IE: sheet 4, cell C3 says "Hey" - and "Hey" on sheet 1 has a quantity
of 4, shown in COL C, and an item number of 221, shown in COL A, I
need these two values to show up in two new columns on the fourth
sheet.

Why do I feel like I could have expalined this better.

Bottom line: I need sheet 1 COLs A and C data (item# and Quantity)
pulled into sheet 4, based on the values in sheet 4, COL C (part
names).

If someone could just point the way... I NEED to learn this

stuff.....

I'd modify the macro to include these, but it was written on a MAC in
1995, and is over 50 pages long (code).

Thanks for reading.

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I created a macro that copies and pastes the 3 COLs from my equipmen
list (the ones I needed) into a new sheet(3), and ran the lookup off o
that. The lookup was modified as follows:

LINE ITEM
=IF(E8<"",VLOOKUP(E8,Sheet3!A:B,2,FALSE),"")

QUANTITY
=IF(E8<"",VLOOKUP(E8,Sheet3!A:C,3,FALSE),"")

PS: I never knew there was a VLOOKUP wizard in excel. I've got over
years experience on excel. DUHHHHHH