Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Vba - securying a folder

Hi all,

Is there anyway to secure a folder which contains several files, usin
Vba?

I need to block anyone for adding or deleting or changing any file int
this folder, so I want to secure the folder.

Any help will be very appreciate!
Aldo

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Gidday,
you could create a form that looks like the open dialog
box but does not show the secure folder.

Sounds good when I write this but I think it might be hard
to write!

Basically, there is no sure fire way to prevent users
f***ing up your stuff. They could access the files via
explorer and delete, rename, etcc manually.

Mark
Is there anyway to secure a folder which contains several

files, using
Vba?

I need to block anyone for adding or deleting or changing

any file into
this folder, so I want to secure the folder.

Any help will be very appreciate!
Aldo.

---

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Talk to your IT staff. Tell them you want certain users to have read/write
access and others to have readonly (and some not even that???).

"ajliaks <" wrote:

Hi all,

Is there anyway to secure a folder which contains several files, using
Vba?

I need to block anyone for adding or deleting or changing any file into
this folder, so I want to secure the folder.

Any help will be very appreciate!
Aldo.

---

Dave Peterson