Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Place a SHELL Window

Greetings !

I currently have this-
Open "C:\Runner.bat" For Output As #1
Print #1, "@ECHO off"
Print #1, "Echo Please wait -"
Print #1, "Echo This may take some time ...."
Print #1, " [ other DOS commands ] ."
Close

Shell "C:\Runner.bat", vbNormalFocus

MsgBox "Please wait " & vbCrLf & _
"until the DOS window closes."

Kill "C:\Runner.bat"

The reason for the MsgBox
is to prevent VBA from KILLing the batch file
until it has completed running.

I would like the DOS window to cover the MsgBox.

How can I specify whereabouts on the screen
the DOS window will appear?

RClay AT haswell DOT com

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

How about another followup--at your first post <vbg.

Robin Clay wrote:

it's not what I wanted, but thanks anyway

Does anyone else have an answer ?

Pretty please ?

--

Dave Peterson

The window opens in a smaller window not full sized window. Rachael Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 0 November 7th 06 09:04 PM
Macro to Split Window in Same Place Even If Columns Added or Hidde PBJ Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 0 September 28th 06 03:06 PM
Running DOS .bat file from Shell in a small vs. full window Jeff Manning Excel Programming 0 May 3rd 04 09:16 PM
Shell Joseph[_12_] Excel Programming 1 February 1st 04 04:33 AM
Closing DOS window after shell command Garry Boswell Excel Programming 1 January 9th 04 10:32 PM