Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
kvo kvo is offline

Default How to break dsifferent sections of the list in Excel into different files

Hello All!

Can somebody help with macro. The idea is: I have a list of categorie
of products in Excel spreadsheet and I need to break this spreadshee
and put those categories into different files (csv's). The number o
products in every category is different.

Please, help!!!!!:confused

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi

The examples on this page will create a worksheet for each item in your workbook.
http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy5.htm

You can save every sheet then as a CSV file with a loop

Dave Peterson posted this macro to save each sheet as a CSV

Sub testme()
Dim wks As Worksheet
Dim newWks As Worksheet

For Each wks In ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets
wks.Copy 'copies to a new workbook
With ActiveSheet
.Parent.SaveAs Filename:="C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\" & .Name, _
FileFormat:=xlCSV
.Parent.Close savechanges:=False
End With
Next wks

End Sub

(adjust the path)

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"kvo " wrote in message ...
Hello All!

Can somebody help with macro. The idea is: I have a list of categories
of products in Excel spreadsheet and I need to break this spreadsheet
and put those categories into different files (csv's). The number of
products in every category is different.

Please, help!!!!!

---