Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Using VBA to calculate some data

Hi everyone, I hope someone can think of a whizzy way to do th
following.

I could use a pivot table but I would like it to be faster and mor
whizzy than that, so would like to use VBA if possible.

I have a data sheet, called "data". Inside this sheet are a number o
formulae which calculate some derived fields.

I would like to develop a VBA code that does the following:

In sheet "analysis", and based on a value placed in cell A5 "customer
and "product" take the the average time for an order to be processe
after sold. And also gives the total number of the selected category o
product sold.

Where in sheet "data", the time taken per order is based on column D
column C.

And column V contains the "type", column R contains the "category" an
column S the "product".

Is there a way to write a code that takes the data in sheet "data" an
based on the values in "analysis" does the following:

Based on the customer selected, give a listing of all the products sol
to them ? And also give the average time noted above.

Hope this isn't too clumsy, and that someone brighter than me can com
up with a colution.

Thank you in advance.

Scott

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

This sounds very do-able. However, simply from the
description, it's hard to see exactly what you want to do.
If you could send me a file, I'd be happy to take a crack
at it.

Please post your email, and we can go from there. (You
won't be able to email me first due to my firewall.)

Regards,
Brett

Hi everyone, I hope someone can think of a whizzy way to

do the
following.

I could use a pivot table but I would like it to be

faster and more
whizzy than that, so would like to use VBA if possible.

I have a data sheet, called "data". Inside this sheet are

a number of
formulae which calculate some derived fields.

I would like to develop a VBA code that does the

following:

In sheet "analysis", and based on a value placed in cell

A5 "customer"
and "product" take the the average time for an order to

be processed
after sold. And also gives the total number of the

selected category or
product sold.

Where in sheet "data", the time taken per order is based

on column D -
column C.

And column V contains the "type", column R contains

the "category" and
column S the "product".

Is there a way to write a code that takes the data in

sheet "data" and
based on the values in "analysis" does the following:

Based on the customer selected, give a listing of all the

products sold
to them ? And also give the average time noted above.

Hope this isn't too clumsy, and that someone brighter

than me can come
up with a colution.

Thank you in advance.

Scott.