Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Worksheet change suddenly not working

All,

This morning, I've come in to find that the worksheet change subs on my
worksheets are not working. I enabled macros when opening the sheets and
everything was working fine last night. When I put a break point on the
first line of the sub shown below, it did not trigger - suggesting that
a change which I did make did not trigger the event.

Help much appreciated.

Will

Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range)
Dim cell As Range
Dim changecolumn As Integer
Dim changerow As Integer
Dim changeworker As String

On Error GoTo errhandler:
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Application.EnableEvents = False

For Each cell In Target
changecolumn = cell.Column
changerow = cell.Row
changeworker = 0
If changecolumn = 89 Then Exit For
Call change_flag(changerow, 1000, Me, changeworker)
Next

errhandler:
Application.EnableEvents = True
End Sub

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi
you have probably disabled the application.enablevents. To
enable them again put the following line in the Immediate
window and execute this line:
[...]

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hello Will
Your worksheet_change event only works for changes made on several cells, it
will stop otherwise and move to errhandler.
In addition if you use an error handler, you should add a "Exit Sub" line
before your Errorhandler line.

HTH
Cordially
Pascal

"Romanian37 " a écrit dans le
message de ...
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks Frank,

Out of curiosity
Other then in another sub, is there any way I could have accidentall
switched off events? I've had a look at the other subs in the sheet
and can't see where the events cold have been swithced off withou
being switched on again?

Thanks

Will