Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Programming worksheet

I have set up a Rota for various staff within Excel there
is a worksheet for each department. I also have a
Holiday Sheet set up so if you enter H in any cell on the
Rota it will automatically transfer to Holiday sheet. I
have done this using the IF function.

I now want to extend this to Using S for Sickness M for
maternity etc but if i try using multiple entries of IF
function i just keep getting error.

Any Suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Dave,

Without Seeing the Formulas try this.
We will Assume that there is a Sheet Named "Department1".
We will Assume that the H,M,S, etc is Input in Cell "B1" of the Sheet
Named "Department1".
Set up a VLOOKUP Table with H,M,S etc ( Sorted Alphabetically ) on a
Sheet Named "LOOKUP" in Cells A1:A50.

Use the Following Formula in the "Holiday Sheet" :-
=if(Department1!$B1" ",VLOOKUP(Department1!$B1,LOOKUP!$A$1:$A$50,1) ,"
")

Change the References Accordingly.
Hope This Helps
Paul