Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Hiding a range prints blank space

I have a range with multiple rows which is more than a page. Through code I
sometimes hide the range. Now after hiding the range if i go to excel sheet
it shows the range hidden, but when i print it blank space prints...

Anybody having an idea what could be the reason ?

--
Ajit

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

your not using the hidden property in format=Cells=Protection tab are you.
the row height for these rows should be zero.

Rows(1).Hidden = True

Not

Rows(1).cells.FormulaHidden = True

Just a guess as this wouldn't make the cells appear blank.

Maybe you need to move the sheet to another workbook and recreate it.

Tom Ogilvy

"Ajit" wrote in message
And it happens not in all the templates but only one of them.

"Ajit" wrote:

I rechecked it and yes, i have hidden the rows and there is no code to

unhide
them. Also when i see the excel sheet i dont see these rows, they are

hidden
but when i do print preview i see the blank space (Note: blank space and

not
the content of the hidden range).

And i do the same all the time and i know that hidden rown neither print

nor
show the blank space but i dont know what is happening...either some

property
is set or something.

"Ajit" wrote in message
I have a range with multiple rows which is more than a page. Through

code
sometimes hide the range. Now after hiding the range if i go to

excel
sheet
it shows the range hidden, but when i print it blank space prints...

Anybody having an idea what could be the reason ?

--
Ajit

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Under the Insert Menu

Reset All Page Breaks.

Tom Ogilvy

"Ajit" wrote in message
Thank for your reply.

While trying the hit and try formula i tried resetting all pagebreaks in

the
code by using (Worksheets("Sheet1").ResetAllPageBreaks) and it worked.

I believe page breaks were set and when some range is hidden in particular
page ...the page prints blank.

Now could you guide me how can i reset the pagebreak in excel sheet, other
than the code (Just for my knowledge sake)...as i think resetting them in

the
code is more fool proof and safer.

Again i appreciate your input and Thank you for your replies.