Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Declaring a constant to the Workbook Name?

I am trying to declare a constant which will hold the workbook name (Th
workbook running the macro that is).

So I am doing

Public Const WorkBookName As String = ThisWorkbook.name

First thing in Module 1 but I keep getting:

"Constant Expression Required"

How can I declare the constant with the workbooks name?

Best Regards

Noo

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The workbook name is not a constant value so needs to be assigned usin
Dim as a variable.

Duncan
'excel.duncan-fiona.co.uk' (http://www.excel.duncan-fiona.co.uk)
(When I get it finished that is...

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You already have a constant you can access

Thisworkbook.Name

Why reinvent the wheel?

If you want to store the name because you are going to change it, then just
use a variable (rather than a constant).

Tom Ogilvy

"NooK " wrote in message
I am trying to declare a constant which will hold the workbook name (The
workbook running the macro that is).

So I am doing

Public Const WorkBookName As String = ThisWorkbook.name

First thing in Module 1 but I keep getting:

"Constant Expression Required"

How can I declare the constant with the workbooks name?

Best Regards

NooK

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I am not gonna change just tought it'd look nicer to have a variabl
instead of writing Thisworkbook.name all the time.

Anyway, thanks for the answer.

I think this might be the best solution in this case.

Best Regards

Noo