Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default vba crashing

Can anyone help?

I have developed an Excel worjksheet running a number of macros an
functions using VBA. This was complied in Excel 2000 for XP, but whe
users using Excel 97 on NT try to open the file it crashes. I thin
this is something to do with the VB.

Does anyone know how to stop this happening ? I have tried saving m
file as Excel 97 but it still happens!

All advice gratefully received. Does anyone know about a convertor tha
maybe available?

Thanks
Scott

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Excel 97 and xl2000 use the same format. So it is unclear what you mean by
converter - there is no conversion required.

Crashes is not very definitive. Do you get a general protection fault? Do
you just get an error message - what is it?

Tom Ogilvy

"scottwilsonx " wrote in
message ...
Can anyone help?

I have developed an Excel worjksheet running a number of macros and
functions using VBA. This was complied in Excel 2000 for XP, but when
users using Excel 97 on NT try to open the file it crashes. I think
this is something to do with the VB.

Does anyone know how to stop this happening ? I have tried saving my
file as Excel 97 but it still happens!

All advice gratefully received. Does anyone know about a convertor that
maybe available?

Thanks
Scott.

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

It crashes Excel? Powerful coding indeed. Or maybe there is just a macro
error? Could it be that you used an incompatible method or property? It is
there a missing reference (Tools, References in the VBE). Unprotect the VB
project so you can debug it under Excel 97 and then see what happens. If
you want me to try it, send it. I have most Excel versions on my machine,
but I am running windows XP.

--
Jim Rech
Excel MVP