-   -   Softline break in cell (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/306104-softline-break-cell.html)

Peter Longstaff

Softline break in cell

Hi,

I am trying to discover when either the data in a cell has exceeded the
length of the cell (so it can not all be see or printed) or when a cell
with wrap text set puts in a soft line break.

Can anyone help me ?

TIA
Peter

SW[_4_]

Softline break in cell

softline break within a cell - ALT ENTER

I am trying to discover when either the data in a cell

has exceeded the
length of the cell (so it can not all be see or printed)

or when a cell
with wrap text set puts in a soft line break.

Can anyone help me ?

TIA
Peter
.

Peter Longstaff

Softline break in cell

"SW" wrote in news:0a3801c47b08
:

Thanks but what character code do I search for in the string ?

Peter

softline break within a cell - ALT ENTER

I am trying to discover when either the data in a cell

has exceeded the
length of the cell (so it can not all be see or printed)

or when a cell
with wrap text set puts in a soft line break.

Can anyone help me ?

TIA
Peter
.

Tom Ogilvy

Softline break in cell

Excel doesn't mark the break point with a character - at least there is no
way to search for one.

Tom Ogilvy

. ..