Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Delete macro to stop importing data

I have created a template that gets launched from an application. I want users to be able to save the file under a new name where the data does not get updated (remain static).

The template today calls on several files and the data can change in the source files which in turn update the newly saved xls file (unwanted).

I have created a Command button that removes all names so the data does not get refreshed automatically. I can tell the users disable macros at file open but I would prefer to eliminate all macros if possible to keep it clean. It must be automated.

Can someone explain either how to delete the macros before "Save As" or how to copy the entire workbook without loosing cell format (but not inherit the macros).

I have tried the Pearson link several times info and can not seem to get that to work.

Thanks for your assistance!

Joe