Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Compiling values based on selection criteria

I have the following data

A B C
1.0 1
1.5 1
1.0 1
2.0 1
1.0 1
2.0 1

I am looking to aggregate the values in column B based on the value in
column A

So I would need to be able to do

Column A value 1.0 column B total 2
Column A value 1.0 column C total 1
Column A value 1.5 column B total 1
Column A value 1.5 column C total 0
Column A value 2.0 column B total 1
Column A value 2.0 column C total 1

Hoping that the answer for this would provide me the answer to do multiple
selection criteria, but in case it would be different

A B C D
1.0 ABC 1
1.5 DEF 1
1.0 ABC 1
2.0 XYZ 1
1.0 ABC 1
2.0 DEF 1

Column A value 1.0 column B value ABC column C total 2
Column A value 1.0 column B value ABC column D total 1
etc.

Thanks for any advice,
Bart

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi
try <something like
=SUMIF(A:A,"1.0",B:B)
for your first question.

For your second one try
=SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A100=1.0),--(B1:B100="ABC"),C1:C100)

--
Regards
Frank Kabel