Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default cal number of days

Hello,

I am wondering if excel has a function to do this:

I have created a work plan in excel.

And I have an end day. Let's say Oct 31 2004

Can I enter that in 1 cell? Then have a calculation that will give me the
number of work days (mon-fri) between the current day and that day.

I can just have another cell with the number of holidays. And just subtract
that amount.

Thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi
try
=NETWORKDAYS(TODAY(),A1)

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

greg wrote:
Hello,

I am wondering if excel has a function to do this:

I have created a work plan in excel.

And I have an end day. Let's say Oct 31 2004

Can I enter that in 1 cell? Then have a calculation that will give
me the number of work days (mon-fri) between the current day and that
day.

I can just have another cell with the number of holidays. And just
subtract that amount.

Thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming

thanks for the quick reply.
I do see from the excel help that NETWORKDAYS does
Calculate the difference between two dates

however when I do
=NETWORKDAYS(TODAY(),A1)
with A1 = 10/31/2004

I get #NAME? error.

Also if I try
=NETWORKDAYS(A2,A3)
with A2 and A3 =
10/31/2004
8/4/2004

I still get the #NAME? error.

does this work in excel 2003?

Just doing =A2-A3 gives a number. but that is all of the days. not
weekdays.

any ideas?
thanks

"Frank Kabel" wrote in message
Hi
try
=NETWORKDAYS(TODAY(),A1)

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

greg wrote:
Hello,

I am wondering if excel has a function to do this:

I have created a work plan in excel.

And I have an end day. Let's say Oct 31 2004

Can I enter that in 1 cell? Then have a calculation that will give
me the number of work days (mon-fri) between the current day and that
day.

I can just have another cell with the number of holidays. And just
subtract that amount.

Thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Greg

it's one of the functions found in the Analysis Tool-Pak add-in ... to add
it choose Tools / Add-ins and tick Analysis ToolPak. Once you've done that
you'll need to click in the cell that got the formula in it and press Enter
again.

Hope this helps
Cheers
JulieD

greg wrote:
Hello,

I am wondering if excel has a function to do this:

I have created a work plan in excel.

And I have an end day. Let's say Oct 31 2004

Can I enter that in 1 cell? Then have a calculation that will give
me the number of work days (mon-fri) between the current day and that
day.

I can just have another cell with the number of holidays. And just
subtract that amount.

Thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming
Max Max is offline

NETWORKDAYS requires the Analysis Toolpak (ATP) be
installed and activated in Excel

Check the "Analysis Toolpak" box
(via Tools Add-Ins)

Chip Pearson's page has details on the ATP at:
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/ATP.htm

--
Rgds
Max