Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default To display message in 2 different lines

Hi,

In the code if I write
Msgbox "Please enter only yes or no in Column N." _
& " Data cannot be pasted/accepted if anything else is entered."

Then it displays it as

Please enter only yes or no in Column N. Data cannot be pasted/accepted if
anything else is entered."

I want to display the above a message in 2 different lines, like

Please enter only yes or no in Column N.
Data cannot be pasted/accepted if anything else is entered.

I dont want these 2 messages to be displayed in 2 different Msgboxes

Also I want to know whether it is possible to CENTRE the above 2 message in
the msgbox.

Regards,
Hari
India

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi
Msgbox "Please enter only yes or no in Column N." _
& vblf & "Data cannot be pasted/accepted if anything else is entered."

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

Hari wrote:
Hi,

In the code if I write
Msgbox "Please enter only yes or no in Column N." _
& " Data cannot be pasted/accepted if anything else is entered."

Then it displays it as

Please enter only yes or no in Column N. Data cannot be
pasted/accepted if anything else is entered."

I want to display the above a message in 2 different lines, like

Please enter only yes or no in Column N.
Data cannot be pasted/accepted if anything else is entered.

I dont want these 2 messages to be displayed in 2 different Msgboxes

Also I want to know whether it is possible to CENTRE the above 2
message in the msgbox.

Regards,
Hari
India

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Frank,

Thnx a lot . It worked like a charm.

Just want to know whether it would be possible to Justify/Centre the both
the upper and bottom line.

Regards,
Hari
India

Hi

Hari wrote:
Hi,

In the code if I write
Msgbox "Please enter only yes or no in Column N." _
& " Data cannot be pasted/accepted if anything else is entered."

Then it displays it as

Please enter only yes or no in Column N. Data cannot be
pasted/accepted if anything else is entered."

I want to display the above a message in 2 different lines, like

Please enter only yes or no in Column N.
Data cannot be pasted/accepted if anything else is entered.

I dont want these 2 messages to be displayed in 2 different Msgboxes

Also I want to know whether it is possible to CENTRE the above 2
message in the msgbox.

Regards,
Hari
India

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Try This

Msgbox "Please enter only yes or no in Column N." _
& Chr(13) & " Data cannot be pasted/accepted if anything else is entered."

Dave

"Hari" wrote in message

In the code if I write
Msgbox "Please enter only yes or no in Column N." _
& " Data cannot be pasted/accepted if anything else is entered."

Then it displays it as

Please enter only yes or no in Column N. Data cannot be pasted/accepted if
anything else is entered."

I want to display the above a message in 2 different lines, like

Please enter only yes or no in Column N.
Data cannot be pasted/accepted if anything else is entered.

I dont want these 2 messages to be displayed in 2 different Msgboxes

Also I want to know whether it is possible to CENTRE the above 2 message

in
the msgbox.

Regards,
Hari
India

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi
with the standard messagebox: not possible

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

Hari wrote:
Hi,

In the code if I write
Msgbox "Please enter only yes or no in Column N." _
& " Data cannot be pasted/accepted if anything else is entered."

Then it displays it as

Please enter only yes or no in Column N. Data cannot be
pasted/accepted if anything else is entered."

I want to display the above a message in 2 different lines, like

Please enter only yes or no in Column N.
Data cannot be pasted/accepted if anything else is entered.

I dont want these 2 messages to be displayed in 2 different

Msgboxes

Also I want to know whether it is possible to CENTRE the above 2
message in the msgbox.

Regards,
Hari
India

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Frank,

Thanx a lot for your reply.

Thanx also to David and urself for teaching me about Char13 and VgLf