Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Populating worksheet with data from Access

I've been asked by a customer to create a database allowing her to input
medical resident schedules then print these schedules. Currently she create
a series of Excel spreadsheets for each schedule she needs. She wants to be
able to enter the resident once and have the resident appear on as many
schedules as required instead of having to enter the resident's name over
and over again on many schedules.

There are 2 ways to accomplish this as I see it:
1 - format the schedule in Access
2 - populate the Excel worksheet with data from Access

I've had success with #1 *however* she currently emails these schedules
which allows the email recipient to save the spreadsheet and manipulate at
will. I have not had success with saving the Access report as an Excel
spreadsheet due to all the formatting that's done. So it's saved as a
snapshot then emailed to the recipient.

I'm wondering if option 2 wouldn't be the best. I'm thinking that I could
use her current spreadsheet and write an automation process to populate the
cells. But I have no idea how difficult that would be, or if it's even
possible. It's possible according to my A2K developer's handbook. But I'd
like to hear from people who have done this.

Has anyone here had this experience? If so, any advice would be
appreciated.

Thanks.