Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Combo into calender?

Hello,
Here is what I am trying to do. In Excel, Create a combo box, bu
instead of it droping down into a list, it drops down into a calender.

After the user selects the date that he/she desires, the date appear
in a cell.

I hope I have made myself clear enough. If not let me know. Thank

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Maybe you like this

http://www.rondebruin.nl/calendar.htm

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"calculus87 " wrote in message ...
Hello,
Here is what I am trying to do. In Excel, Create a combo box, but
instead of it droping down into a list, it drops down into a calender.

After the user selects the date that he/she desires, the date appears
in a cell.

I hope I have made myself clear enough. If not let me know. Thanks

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hello,
I appologize for my delay in responding.
Thank you for giving an answer to my question. I am have a littl
problem with it though. I have done everything that is stated on th
web site, but I receive a error on this line

Calendar1.Left = Target.Left + Target.Width - Calendar1.Width

The debugger says "Run time error 424 Object Required"

Any thoughts? Thank

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi

Calendar1 is the name of the Calendar
Maybe your name is different?

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"calculus87 " wrote in message ...
Hello,
I appologize for my delay in responding.
Thank you for giving an answer to my question. I am have a little
problem with it though. I have done everything that is stated on the
web site, but I receive a error on this line

Calendar1.Left = Target.Left + Target.Width - Calendar1.Width

The debugger says "Run time error 424 Object Required"

Any thoughts? Thanks

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hey,
Thank you for your responses.
I found a link on the Microsoft website which had this code and wa
able to help me. Thanks

Sub Menu_Create()
Dim myMnu As Object
Set myMnu = CommandBars("Worksheet menu bar").Controls. _
Add(Type:=msoControlPopup, befo=3)
With myMnu
' The "&" denotes a shortcut key assignment (Alt+M in this case).
.Caption = "jkhgkjhgjhgkhg"
End With
End Sub

The web site was
http://support.microsoft.com/defaul...502&Product=xlw

Thank

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Everything is default on my computer. If I was to look for the name o
the calender, where would I look? Thank

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Sub Menu_Create()
???

After the user selects the date that he/she desires, the date appears in a cell.

I thought we are talking about a Calendar?

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"calculus87 " wrote in message ...
Hey,
Thank you for your responses.
I found a link on the Microsoft website which had this code and was
able to help me. Thanks

Sub Menu_Create()
Dim myMnu As Object
Set myMnu = CommandBars("Worksheet menu bar").Controls. _
Add(Type:=msoControlPopup, befo=3)
With myMnu
' The "&" denotes a shortcut key assignment (Alt+M in this case).
Caption = "jkhgkjhgjhgkhg"
End With
End Sub

The web site was
http://support.microsoft.com/defaul...502&Product=xlw

Thanks

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

In the Design mode select the Calendar.
(Press the Design mode button on the contol toolbox)

You can see the name now in the Formulabar(left side)

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"calculus87 " wrote in message ...
Everything is default on my computer. If I was to look for the name of
the calender, where would I look? Thanks

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Yah, I have two questions going at once and I posted an incorrect post.

Anyways, I figured out my problem. Thanks, so much for your help