-   -   Grpahical selection of points on Excel charts (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/305746-re-grpahical-selection-points-excel-charts.html)

Bernie Deitrick

Grpahical selection of points on Excel charts

HowTo,

You can't do that automatically, not through a macro.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"HowTo" wrote in message
I have a scatter plot in one of my excel workbooks, based on data in one

of it's sheets. I would like to be able to "select" a set of points on the
scatter chart (maybe by drawing a box around them). I would then like to
automatically select the corresponding series/values in the spreadsheet
containing the data for the scatter plot. How can I accomplish this?

HowTo

Grpahical selection of points on Excel charts

Hi,
Can I do it with some VB/C++ programming? Specifically, does the chart object allow more granular control on selection of points?
Thanks

"HowTo" wrote in message
I have a scatter plot in one of my excel workbooks, based on data in one

of it's sheets. I would like to be able to "select" a set of points on the
scatter chart (maybe by drawing a box around them). I would then like to
automatically select the corresponding series/values in the spreadsheet
containing the data for the scatter plot. How can I accomplish this?

Bernie Deitrick

Grpahical selection of points on Excel charts

HowTo,

I won't say "No" but I will say "It won't be easy, and it's beyond my skill,
and it's not native to Excel."

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP