Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default general validation question

I was thinking of using the validation (list) in a
spreadsheet but before I get started there are a few
questions.
1) if using the list, is it possible to have language so
the activecell moves to another cell when the validation
is selected?
2) to go along with #1, can language be used with a
validation at all?
3) if coding language can be used with a validation, can
you give an example to get me started?
Thank to anyone who responds.
*** John
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
tod tod is offline

There are no events associated with Data Validation lists.
However, you can use the Worksheet Change event, like this:

'Assuming your list is in cell B2, this will make cell
'B10 the active cell.
If Target.Address = "$B$2" Then
ActiveSheet.Range("B10").Activate

tod

I was thinking of using the validation (list) in a
spreadsheet but before I get started there are a few
questions.
1) if using the list, is it possible to have language so
the activecell moves to another cell when the validation
is selected?
2) to go along with #1, can language be used with a
validation at all?
3) if coding language can be used with a validation, can
you give an example to get me started?
Thank to anyone who responds.
*** John
.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

John,

1) This sort of thing?

On Error GoTo ws_exit:
Application.EnableEvents = False
If Target.Address = "$E$4" Then
With Target
.Offset(0, 4).Activate
End With
End If

ws_exit:
Application.EnableEvents = True

2) Don't understand the question and so with 3)

--

HTH

Bob Phillips