Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default ActiveSheet.Printout

application.displayalerts=false
your code
application.displayalerts=true

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"AA2e72E" wrote in message
Can the dialogue that appears after ActiveSheet.Printout be suppressed

i.e. prevented from appearing?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Don,

I do not think that this works and I am not aware of a method for
suppressing this message.

---
Regards,
Norman

"AA2e72E" wrote in message
Can the dialogue that appears after ActiveSheet.Printout be suppressed

i.e. prevented from appearing?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Unfortunately the pop-up box for printing cannot be prevented from being
shown by using Application.DisplayAlerts. There is a way of disabling
this, but it involves using Windows API to stops the whole of Windows
updating to the monitor, and is notoriously dangerous (ie if the code
crashes the user would never know!)

There are plenty of articles in this newsgroup that cover the APIs
should you wish to pursue, but personally I would live with this
restriction.

HTH
Simon Livings

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi AA2e72E,

My reply was reasonably succinct and, I thought, not open to
misinterpretation.

You have succeeded in so doing. Congratulations!

---
Regards,
Norman

"AA2e72E" wrote in message
I am aware of the DisplayAlerts switch; it does NOT work.