Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Help a Newby Please!!

Hi,

This way be very simple, but I need a code that will delete the part
of a text in a cell. For example I have a cell that contains the
following "ZZ112: *:XYZ " I want to get ride of the anything before
the star and any spaces after the Z. I remember something about
cutting up strings back from my serious VB days, but I can't seem to
remember how to do it.

Thanks a lot
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks

"Don Guillett" wrote in message ...
This should do it
Sub deletetext()
For Each c In Selection
c.Value = Trim(Right(c, Len(c) - InStr(c, "*")))
Next
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Frenchie" wrote in message
om...
Hi,

This way be very simple, but I need a code that will delete the part
of a text in a cell. For example I have a cell that contains the
following "ZZ112: *:XYZ " I want to get ride of the anything before
the star and any spaces after the Z. I remember something about
cutting up strings back from my serious VB days, but I can't seem to
remember how to do it.

Thanks a lot

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The command you wrote is way over my head even with the VBA help :)
Do you mind explaining what each part actualy does please so that I am
not just dumbly using someone elses code but understanding what I am
doing.
Many Thanks