Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default If-Then Formula

The answers by Bob and Tom to Phil's question were very clear. They helped me also. Thank You!

An add-on question, if you don't mind...

Is there also a way to conditionally change the cell format at the same time as we change the value - such as font and fill color?

--
Robert

"Phil Hageman" wrote:

This is a re-post of a previous request, explained differently - I need a single formula to do the following:

Variables is the name of a worksheet
This formula is located in another worksheet named Scorecard

If Variables!C12=€ťA1€ť, then populate cell with Variables!D53
If Variables!C12=€ťA2€ť, then populate cell with Variables!D54
If Variables!C12=€ťA3€ť, then populate cell with Variables!D55
If Variables!C12 is blank, then populate cell with blank.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I'll only answer the one<vbg.

You can apply conditional formatting to the cells (FormatConditional
Formatting), and here you can test the value and set both attributes that
you mention. Only 3 values though.

--
HTH

-------

Bob Phillips

"Phil Hageman" wrote:

This is a re-post of a previous request, explained differently - I need

a single formula to do the following:

Variables is the name of a worksheet
This formula is located in another worksheet named Scorecard

If Variables!C12="A1", then populate cell with Variables!D53
If Variables!C12="A2", then populate cell with Variables!D54
If Variables!C12="A3", then populate cell with Variables!D55
If Variables!C12 is blank, then populate cell with blank.