Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Find text in Column to sum

Hello All,
I have in Column B YTD Total. I want to be able to sum
columns C To N if Column B contains text YTD Total has the
header. And then I want to fill down, but total rows can
change. Example,
Colum B
row 1 YTD Total
row 2 =SUM(C2:N2)
Then filldown

Hope this makes sense any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Juan
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi
try
=IF($B$1="YTD Total",SUM(C2:N2),"")
and copy down

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

Juan wrote:
Hello All,
I have in Column B YTD Total. I want to be able to sum
columns C To N if Column B contains text YTD Total has the
header. And then I want to fill down, but total rows can
change. Example,
Colum B
row 1 YTD Total
row 2 =SUM(C2:N2)
Then filldown

Hope this makes sense any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Juan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hello Frank,
The problem with this is that I'M doing a macro and the
rows can change from period to period. So the filldown
would not be right. Right now I do have totals in Column B
but not formula since this gets downloaded from our
system. So need to put a formula because users might just
want to view the YTD for some periods.
Hope I'm making sense.

Please advise with any input.

thanks,

Juan
I have in Column B YTD Total. I want to be able to sum
columns C To N if Column B contains text YTD Total has

the
header. And then I want to fill down, but total rows can
change. Example,
Colum B
row 1 YTD Total
row 2 =SUM(C2:N2)
Then filldown

Hope this makes sense any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Juan

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hello Frank,
FYI, I made some changes to a code I had that uses Rows.
And it seems that its doing what I want. So once again,
thanks alot.

Juan