Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default saving excel 2003 file in excel 97

I've written an application in Excel 2003 and want to open it in Excel 97.
It seems to work correctly, except for one annoying thing. Every time I save
my file in Excel 97 it gives a message that the file has been written in a
newer version of Excel and that saving now can lead to loss of data.

The irritating thing is that it keeps giving this message every time I save
in Excel 97, even after several saves in this version and stopping using
Excel 2003 altogether.

Does anyone know how to overcome this problem?

Thanks in advance,

Thijs van Bon

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

How about trying Save As and choosing a different 'Save as
type'

Not sure which one would work for you since I run a
different version of Excel

Nick

.