Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default VLOOKUP MACRO

2 questions:

1st - in the vlookup formula is it possible to put a
formula in the lookup_value field instead of a cell
reference or text.

2nd - is there a vlookup macro or vb code available to
have a look at. I have had a search on the knowledge
base but cant seem to find one.

Kind regards

John Young
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi John

1) Yes. Instead of
=VLOOKUP(A1,E4:F32,2,FALSE)
you could use
=VLOOKUP(17*2,E4:F32,2,FALSE)

2) Turn on your macro recorder, enter the vlookup formula and then and have
a look at the code. It should look something like..

Sub Test()
Range("B4").FormulaR1C1 = _
"=VLOOKUP(17*2,RC[3]:R[28]C[4],2,FALSE)"

XL2002
Regards

William

"JOHN YOUNG" wrote in message
| 2 questions:
|
| 1st - in the vlookup formula is it possible to put a
| formula in the lookup_value field instead of a cell
| reference or text.
|
| 2nd - is there a vlookup macro or vb code available to
| have a look at. I have had a search on the knowledge
| base but cant seem to find one.
|
| Kind regards
|
| John Young

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"JOHN YOUNG" wrote in message ...

2nd - is there a vlookup macro or vb code available to
have a look at. I have had a search on the knowledge
base but cant seem to find one.

Kind regards

John Young

Hi John, this is the vlookup code l use.. just something for you to
look at
in case it helps..

Application.WorksheetFunction.VLookup(ActiveSheet. Cells(xlrow,
39).Value, Range("br1385:bv1485"), 5, True)

seeya ste