Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
tod tod is offline

Default Prevent User from Deleting Drawn Object

The worksheet has a Star shape on it. The user needs to be
able to move it around, so I have it unlocked when the
sheet is protected. Fine. However, it does not prevent the
user from deleting the shape. Is there a way to allow the
user to move the shape around and not delete it?

tod
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Tod,

I don't believe it is possible.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Tod" wrote in message
The worksheet has a Star shape on it. The user needs to be
able to move it around, so I have it unlocked when the
sheet is protected. Fine. However, it does not prevent the
user from deleting the shape. Is there a way to allow the
user to move the shape around and not delete it?

tod

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Tod,

From what I can see, the following menu items can be used to
delete a shape.

Edit Cut
Edit Clear All
Right click Cut

All these menu items can be re-directed to your own macro that
checks what is selected before performing a delete. If your star
shape is selected, bail out, otherwise delete whatever is selected.

A shape can also be deleted using the Delete key, and also Ctrl+X.
Application.Onkey can re-direct those to your special delete macro too.

Regards,
Vic Eldridge

"Tod" wrote in message ...
The worksheet has a Star shape on it. The user needs to be
able to move it around, so I have it unlocked when the
sheet is protected. Fine. However, it does not prevent the
user from deleting the shape. Is there a way to allow the
user to move the shape around and not delete it?

tod

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Or maybe protect it (and the sheet).

The provide a macro that asks where to move it???

Let your macro do the real work of unprotecting, moving, and reprotecting.

Tod wrote:

The worksheet has a Star shape on it. The user needs to be
able to move it around, so I have it unlocked when the
sheet is protected. Fine. However, it does not prevent the
user from deleting the shape. Is there a way to allow the
user to move the shape around and not delete it?

tod

--

Dave Peterson