-   -   Totalling across sheets (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/304721-totalling-across-sheets.html)

netnews.comcast.net

Totalling across sheets

I have a workbook that helps keep tabs on properties that I buy and sell.
Each sheet is exactly the same as the other with the exception of the top
sheet which is to serve as a totals sheet and is named "Totals". I have
named the last sheet "Final." I would like cell C16 of the totals sheet to
be the total of all C16 cells on all of the other sheets, even if I add or
remove sheets as I buy and sell properties. I have tried using the
INSERTNAMEDEFINE route and keep getting errors when I attempt to create
the formula, even while trying to follow Microsoft Excels Help file. Any
help would be appreciated.

JulieD

Totalling across sheets

Hi

one way
insert a sheet after the totals sheet and call it FIRST
click in cell C16 of the TOTAL sheet and type
=SUM(first:final!c16)

now when you buy & sell make sure that you place all the sheets between the
first & final sheet
and the total will always be the total of your current properties

Regards
JulieD

"netnews.comcast.net" wrote in message
I have a workbook that helps keep tabs on properties that I buy and sell.
Each sheet is exactly the same as the other with the exception of the top
sheet which is to serve as a totals sheet and is named "Totals". I have
named the last sheet "Final." I would like cell C16 of the totals sheet

be the total of all C16 cells on all of the other sheets, even if I add or
remove sheets as I buy and sell properties. I have tried using the
INSERTNAMEDEFINE route and keep getting errors when I attempt to create
the formula, even while trying to follow Microsoft Excels Help file. Any
help would be appreciated.

Don Guillett[_4_]

Totalling across sheets

Didn't you ask this yesterday?
Have you tried
=sum(sheet2:final!c16)

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"netnews.comcast.net" wrote in message
I have a workbook that helps keep tabs on properties that I buy and sell.
Each sheet is exactly the same as the other with the exception of the top
sheet which is to serve as a totals sheet and is named "Totals". I have
named the last sheet "Final." I would like cell C16 of the totals sheet

be the total of all C16 cells on all of the other sheets, even if I add or
remove sheets as I buy and sell properties. I have tried using the
INSERTNAMEDEFINE route and keep getting errors when I attempt to create
the formula, even while trying to follow Microsoft Excels Help file. Any
help would be appreciated.

Frank Kabel

Totalling across sheets

Hi
one way:
- create a start and an end sheet (e.g. name them 'start'
and 'end' and also hide them if you like)
- only insert new sheets BETWEEN these two sheets
- Use the formula
=SUM('start:end'!C16)

I have a workbook that helps keep tabs on properties that

I buy and sell.
Each sheet is exactly the same as the other with the

exception of the top
sheet which is to serve as a totals sheet and is

named "Totals". I have
named the last sheet "Final." I would like cell C16 of

the totals sheet to
be the total of all C16 cells on all of the other sheets,

even if I add or
remove sheets as I buy and sell properties. I have tried

using the
INSERTNAMEDEFINE route and keep getting errors when I

attempt to create
the formula, even while trying to follow Microsoft Excels

Help file. Any
help would be appreciated.

.

Andy Wiggins

Totalling across sheets

This file might be a help:
http://www.bygsoftware.com/examples/zipfiles/consol.zip
It's in the "Accountants" section on page:
http://www.bygsoftware.com/examples/examples.htm

The "Bread-Roll" consolidation method - great for accountants. See how
simple it is to consolidate any combination of your organisation's accounts.
(No VBA used)

--
Regards
Andy Wiggins