Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Protect charts AND allow to copy them?

Hi,

I have a number of charts on a worksheet I want to protect from changing. I
need to enable the possibility to copy them from the workbook and be able
to paste them into powerpoint, word etc.

I have tried to link them to a powerpoint, but find it impossible to handle
because of the absolute referencing.

So: How protect charts and still allow users of the workbook to copy paste
the charts?

/Thank you in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi, I think that you can get what you want by converting the serie
ranges to arrays - this gives a frozen chart.

a) click on the data series of the chart (actually on the line or bar)
- this will show the range in the formula-edit bar
b) click on the formula
c) Press F

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

sorry hit wrong key ... here is rest of reply

after F9 you will see the array formula instead of the normal rang
notation.

The graph is frozen.

NB This does NOT toggle back with another F9

I think that you would have to redefine the source data to get back t
Square 1.

It may be OK for you to save the Frozen version with another name, an
then continue with the original ?

If you want this done in VBA you need another helper :)

best regards .. Roge

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Another option is to copy the chart as a picture and paste it back. Hold
Shift while clicking on the Edit menu, and Copy becomes Copy Picture.
Select the options that give you the best appearance; I like the On
Screen and Picture options for most cases.

Roger's approach allows the chart's elements to be reformatted (colors,
fonts, etc.) although the data is harder to change. My method only
allows the user to resize or delete the chart.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

sharprog < wrote:
sorry hit wrong key ... here is rest of reply

after F9 you will see the array formula instead of the normal range
notation.

The graph is frozen.

NB This does NOT toggle back with another F9

I think that you would have to redefine the source data to get back to
Square 1.

It may be OK for you to save the Frozen version with another name, and
then continue with the original ?

If you want this done in VBA you need another helper :)

best regards .. Roger

---