Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default VBA

I have written several VBA scripts using the latest
version of Excel, all work fine on my system. When I copy
the spreadsheet to another system (running an older
version of Excel) I get errors and the program stops on
standard VBA commands, like RTrim$, Mid$ and such. Can I
not use VBA scripts on older versons of Excel?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Older versions of excel may not have the latest code!
Excel is backward compatible, but of course the future is
not predictable.

The errors that you get are more typical of missing DLL's
and indicates perhaps that the functionality that you use
in your code wasn't available for the earlier version, or
it means that your code was written to use a DLL to which
the workbook that you placed it in hasn't had the
reference set. In the latter case, the break and
highlighted function often has nothing to do with the
missing reference.

HTH
Patrick Molloy
Microsoft Excel MVP