Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Ask for help of Excel

Dear experts,

I have several excel files(E1), and one is for summary(S1). I want t
link the sheets in E1 into S1, then when I open S1, I can see th
sheets(only the sheets I linked) data in the S1, also when I update th
E1, the S1 will update too.

Please, thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

in S1.xls

=[E1.xls]Sheet1!A1

will return the value in E1.xls, sheet Sheet1, cell A1 to S1 in the cell
that contains the formula.

E1 must be open when you place the formula (as written - it could be written
with the full path and E1 would not need to be open at the time of creation
of the formula - however, it is easier to have it open at creation).

Tom Ogilvy

"jill_an " wrote in message
Dear experts,

I have several excel files(E1), and one is for summary(S1). I want to
link the sheets in E1 into S1, then when I open S1, I can see the
sheets(only the sheets I linked) data in the S1, also when I update the
E1, the S1 will update too.

Please, thanks.

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Tom Ogilvy,

Thanks, but it is not convient, I want to have a Formula or VBA tha
can do it automatically in the future. This way should aways updated.

Any good way?

Thanks.

Jil