Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Open pdf without converting

How do I get a click to open a pdf file without trying to
convert it to Excel?
I use:
Workbooks.Open Filename:= _
to open Excel files...what do I use to open a pdf?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Here's a reply to the same question from Jake Marx.

You could use the Shell command in VBA, but this runs the risk of the user
not having the same version of a pdf viewer installed as you reference, or
preferably the ShellExecute API call which launches whatever the the default
pdf viewer is.

http://www.google.com.hk/groups?hl=e...GP09.phx.gb l

To get the name of the file you want to open, use
Application.GetOpenFilename

Robin Hammond
www.enhanceddatasystems.com