Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How do I set a default path when using Application.GetOpenFilename

I am using a macro to help a user put an image into an excel sheet.
would like for the user to be able to click on the button an
automatically be browsing the directory that the excel sheet is in, bu
if not that then I would like to declair a default variable.
Currently, when you click button it defaults to "My Documents". Th
Code Snipit in question is bellow. Any suggestions?

Dim filename As String

filename = Application.GetOpenFilename("Picture
(*.jpg;*.gif;*.bmp), *.jpgs;*.gif;*.bmp", , "Grab Your Logo",
"False")

If filename = "False" Then
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
Call protect
Exit Sub
Else

Thank

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

One Clarifying point.

The path that I want to open is a network path.

I.E. \\ShareName\Folder\et

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You can use the SetCurrentDirectoryAPI to set the current directory to
a UNC path. Here's a quick procedure that will do this:

Private Declare Function GetCurrentDirectoryA Lib "kernel32" _
(ByVal nBufferLength As Long, ByVal lpBuffer As String) As Long

Public Sub SetUNCPath(ByVal szPathToSet As String)
SetCurrentDirectoryA szPathToSet
End Sub

Despite the name, it works on regular drive\path strings as well.

--
Rob Bovey, MCSE, MCSD, Excel MVP
Application Professionals

"pkohler " wrote in message
One Clarifying point.

The path that I want to open is a network path.

I.E. \\ShareName\Folder\etc

---