Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Importing a text file using ftp

Hi,

Thanks. I have tried this method before, but using this does not allow me to define the width of each of the columns of the text file that I am importing. Using a text import allows me to define the width but does not allow me to specify the userid and password into the server. Is there any way I can do both?

"keepITcool" wrote:

According to the specification of URL formats, RFC 1738, an FTP URL is of
the form ftp://user:password@host:port/path

So.. you can just create a webquery with a proper ftp url..

keepITcool

"?B?Qmx1ZXk=?=" wrote:

Hi,

I need to import a text file from a server via ftp into excel using
macro. How can I do this without having to manually key in the user id
and password but have it done inside the macro? I would greatly
appreciate it if anyone can provide any form of information. Thanks.