Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Word Control in Excel

Using Office 2000, I open Word and in a new document
I insert a Textbox. I then copy and paste it into a worksheet.

I cannot find a way to programmatically refer to it.

Sub Test()
Dim oleObj As OLEObject, rng As Range
For Each oleObj In ActiveWorkbook.Sheets _
("Contract Master Order").OLEObjects
If TypeOf oleObj.Object Is MSForms.TextBox Then
Set rng = oleObj.TopLeftCell
rng.Value = "Bingo"
End If
Next
End Sub

The 'If' statement gives the error:
User defined type not defined

How do I control the Textbox, please?

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks for that.
It now runs to the line "For Each etc" and then
immediately jumps to "End Sub"

Regards.

Stuart wrote:

Using Office 2000, I open Word and in a new document
I insert a Textbox. I then copy and paste it into a worksheet.

I cannot find a way to programmatically refer to it.

Sub Test()
Dim oleObj As OLEObject, rng As Range
For Each oleObj In ActiveWorkbook.Sheets _
("Contract Master Order").OLEObjects
If TypeOf oleObj.Object Is MSForms.TextBox Then
Set rng = oleObj.TopLeftCell
rng.Value = "Bingo"
End If
Next
End Sub

The 'If' statement gives the error:
User defined type not defined

How do I control the Textbox, please?

---

Dave Peterson

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Stuart,

Try:

Sub Test()
Dim myShape As Shape, rng As Range

For Each myShape In ActiveWorkbook.Sheets _
' ("Contract Master Order").Shapes
If myShape.Name Like "Text*" Then
Set rng = myShape.TopLeftCell
rng.Value = "Bingo"
End If
Next
End Sub

---
Regards,
Norman

Stuart wrote:

Using Office 2000, I open Word and in a new document
I insert a Textbox. I then copy and paste it into a worksheet.

I cannot find a way to programmatically refer to it.

Sub Test()
Dim oleObj As OLEObject, rng As Range
For Each oleObj In ActiveWorkbook.Sheets _
("Contract Master Order").OLEObjects
If TypeOf oleObj.Object Is MSForms.TextBox Then
Set rng = oleObj.TopLeftCell
rng.Value = "Bingo"
End If
Next
End Sub

The 'If' statement gives the error:
User defined type not defined

How do I control the Textbox, please?

---

Dave Peterson

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks for that.
It steps through without an error, but no values appear
in the textboxes.
Any ideas, please?

Regards.