Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Word Control in Excel

Try adding a reference to "microsoft forms 2.0 object library"

I'm not sure how this'll work with your Word problem, though.

Stuart wrote:

Using Office 2000, I open Word and in a new document
I insert a Textbox. I then copy and paste it into a worksheet.

I cannot find a way to programmatically refer to it.

Sub Test()
Dim oleObj As OLEObject, rng As Range
For Each oleObj In ActiveWorkbook.Sheets _
("Contract Master Order").OLEObjects
If TypeOf oleObj.Object Is MSForms.TextBox Then
Set rng = oleObj.TopLeftCell
rng.Value = "Bingo"
End If
Next