Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Attaching Custom Menus

I have read through all the posts I can find on this, and no luck (sort of).

I would like to avoid having to write VBA code that builds / destroys the menu each time the file is opened, and other than that, I can not appear to "attach" the custom menu in the way that I would a tool bar.

I could just creat the menus inside a custom tool bar and dock this up next to the menu, but I really was trying to get it up there in the actual menu. I have tried creating the menu in a toolbar and dragging this to the menu, then attaching the toolbar that I just dragged the menu from, but it is of course only attaching the blank toolbar.

Is it just that Excel will not allow the custom menus placed in the menu bar to be attached to a spreadsheet, and I have no choice but to build code for this purpose?

Let me know, and if there is no way to do this the "easy way", please reply with a link to a good resource on how to build the code to build / destroy this menu...

Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

This file might be a help:
http://www.bygsoftware.com/examples/...tiveWbDemo.zip

It's in the "Menu Routines" section on page:
http://www.bygsoftware.com/examples/examples.htm

It contains VBA code that will activate a menu only when the workbook it is
in is active.
The code is open and commented.

--
Regards