Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Avoid error with simple subtraction function

I have a subtraction function that gives me a net profit value. I wa
hoping that someone knows how to keep a row without data in it fro
displaying an error value in the profit column.

I am trying to do a running average that will change as new dates ar
entered into the database.

Having error values produces an error value for my average value.

here is my setup- gross-expenses=profit

The average is a simple average function that has been auto-filled 10
data points ahead for easy data entry in the future.

Thanks guys,
Wil

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

in the cell producing the error

=if(iserror(formula),"",formula)

Tom Ogilvy

"wjsubs " wrote in message
I have a subtraction function that gives me a net profit value. I was
hoping that someone knows how to keep a row without data in it from
displaying an error value in the profit column.

I am trying to do a running average that will change as new dates are
entered into the database.

Having error values produces an error value for my average value.

here is my setup- gross-expenses=profit

The average is a simple average function that has been auto-filled 100
data points ahead for easy data entry in the future.

Thanks guys,
Will

---