-   -   function to return positive number or zero (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/303699-function-return-positive-number-zero.html)

Michael McClellan

function to return positive number or zero

OK Gurus, here is a good one.

I need a function in excel that will return a number if the number in
question is positive, but if the number is negative will return zero.
Is there a function like this?

I need to put this into a formula, so no macros please.

Thanks.

Norman Jones

function to return positive number or zero

Hi Michael,

Perhaps: = If(A10,A1,0)

entered in B1.

As you don't want a macro solution, I am intrigued as to why you post to a
programming group.

---
Regards,
Norman
"Michael McClellan" wrote in message

OK Gurus, here is a good one.

I need a function in excel that will return a number if the number in
question is positive, but if the number is negative will return zero.
Is there a function like this?

I need to put this into a formula, so no macros please.

Thanks.

Tom Ogilvy

function to return positive number or zero

=Max(0,A1)

Tom Ogilvy

"Michael McClellan" wrote in message

OK Gurus, here is a good one.

I need a function in excel that will return a number if the number in
question is positive, but if the number is negative will return zero.
Is there a function like this?

I need to put this into a formula, so no macros please.

Thanks.

Dave Peterson[_3_]

function to return positive number or zero

=max(a1,0)

Why not post a formula question in the worksheet.functions newsgroup?